Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Racism Over $38,000 Handbag? BOOM OPRAH

Oprah faced a little case of racial profiling on her trip to switzerland last week when going into a high-end shop by the name of “Trois Pommes” where she was denied taking a look at a $38,000 alligator skin hand bag an employee. Obviously unless you live under a rock you know that ms Winfrey can in-fact afford this handbag making over $77 Million every single year.
“I was in Zurich the other day, in a store whose name I will not mention. I didn’t have my eyelashes on, but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear …I go into a store and I say to the woman, ‘Excuse me, may I see the bag right above your head?’ and she says to me, ‘No. It’s too expensive.’” – Oprah Winfrey
Now what would I have done? Walked out of the store, came back a while later while there was hopefully another employee manning the store and buy EVERY SINGLE bag in the store. But Oprah’s a billionaire isn’t she? Make that buy the entire store, hell buy the entire franchise! In the video I bring up a great quote by Morgan Freeman which says “How do we stop racism? Stop talking about it. I’m going to stop calling you a white man, and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man” which when it comes to race, I try to live by, which is why you won’t see me bring it up or cover stories about it that often. When we have a story that revolves around race I think it’s important to bring it up to help people realize that racism is a real thing and still exists today, but at the same time not harping on it for weeks, months or even years to come after the story is released.

Let me know what your opinion on this story is by either leaving a comment below on this post or commenting on the video and joining the conversation. And don’t forget to subscribe to our other channel TrailerCrate where we make short films in the form of movie trailers! There is one in the works right now that we are super excited for you guys to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment